Since their creation in Saint-Germain en Laye in 1852, Billards Bréton have specialized in billiard tables manufacturing, maintenance and restoration.
Founded by Alexandre Bréton, the company was initially renting billiard tables in cafés, restaurants and hotels in the Paris area.
In 1947 the company was bought by Roger Marteau who increased the brand presence in many public places, as carom billiard game turned out to be a very popular leisure at that time.
Four generations from Marteau family have succeeded since then, adapting the company’s offer to market changes.
It began in 1976, when the company moved its workshop in Orgeval (Yvelines) a few kilometers from its original manufacture location.
This new site increased Billards Bréton production capacity, particularly to clubs and commercial playing rooms whose number increased rapidly during the 80s and 90s.
At that time Billards Bréton bought out the Paris based manufacture Carrier Laumé.